- 1 Sailfish OS SDK
- 1.1 Latest SDK Release
- 1.2 Release Notes
- 1.3 File information
- 1.4 Early Access SDK
- 1.5 Guides
- 1.6 Supported Environments
- 1.7 Contact us
Sailfish OS SDK
Latest SDK Release
The latest Sailfish OS SDK release can be downloaded for Linux, OS X and Windows platforms from below.
Sailfish OS SDK 1710
|Linux 32||Linux 64|
After downloading the SDK for your platform, please follow through with the installation instructions.
SDK version 1710 (2.1.3)
Today (Nov 17th) at 14:00 UTC we have published new installers and repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK. This SDK release is called 1710 and it matches Jolla Release 2.1.3.
The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK#Latest_SDK_Release. If you have an older beta release of the SDK, you should see an update notification in the Sailfish OS IDE.
SDK content matches Jolla Release 18.104.22.168 (Kymijoki). Please see below for detailed information of the changes.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- For more information, please see the Application SDK known issues list.
SDK IDE (Qt Creator, Qt QmlLive)
- Refreshed API documentation available in the Help mode (Ctrl+7) in Qt Creator to Jolla release 22.214.171.124 level
- Updated Qt Creator to 4.2
- Official support for the Sony Xperia X devices with Sailfish X
SDK Build engine
- Build targets refreshed to Jolla release 126.96.36.199 level
- Support for multiple Sailfish OS versions
- Starting from 1710 and Sailfish OS 2.1.3 the SDK targets are named as SailfishOS-VERSION-ARCH (e.g. SailfishOS-188.8.131.52-armv7hl)
- In the future a limited amount of the older version tagged targets will stay available and they can be added to the SDK from the pre-configured targets list in the Sailfish OS mode of the Qt Creator
- This will allow users to build packages for older Sailfish OS releases in a single SDK (e.g. for both 2.1.4 and 2.1.3 in the future)
- Please note that it is recommended to only add matching or older targets into the SDK
- Emulator packages refreshed to Jolla release 184.108.40.206 level
If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this mailing list: devel at lists.sailfishos.org, write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk' or send an e-mail to developer-care at jolla.com.
Jolla SDK Team
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1710-Qt5-linux-32-offline.run||874M (915600130 bytes)||804c3fe8680f8edde450f7a25bc94720|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1710-Qt5-linux-64-offline.run||873M (914980365 bytes)||6f7344a31d086e48a97effbab01ec097|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1710-Qt5-mac-offline.dmg||855M (895979335 bytes)||f6faadf5b232ab767fdd5f6562ddf72f|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1710-Qt5-windows-offline.exe||834M (874222818 bytes)||b233e86e5a721d024dd0fb7ffccad5dd|
Early Access SDK
You can get the SDK updates approximately a week earlier, if you start using the Early Access repository. This can be useful for e.g. testing your apps before the official public Sailfish OS release. Check out for more information from the Early Access SDK page.
- Application SDK Installation
- Application SDK Uninstallation
- Application SDK Guides
- Application SDK Known Issues
- Application SDK FAQ
Our SDK has been verified on the following systems:
- Ubuntu 16.04 32/64 bit
- Windows 10 32/64 bit
- OS X 10.12.6
- It should work on other Linux flavours as well, but at this stage, its functionality on other host environments has not been fully verified.
- A host machine running a Linux/Windows/OS X operating system.
- Oracle’s VirtualBox version 4.1.18 or higher pre-installed on the host machine. You should use the VirtualBox that is compatible with your distribution.
- About 5GB of free disk space.
- 4GB of RAM or more is recommended.
If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to our developer mailing list: email@example.com or write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with ‘sdk’. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.