Hardware Adaptation Development Kit
Fill your phone with Sailfish OS
GNU/Linux based Sailfish OS natively running on an Android™ phone you like? Yes, it can be achieved when following our HADK porting guide! The document takes you through:
- The hardware and software requirements
- Sets up the Mer Platform SDK and the supporting development environment
- Instructs on how to craft your phone’s hardware adaptation
- And finally builds the Sailfish OS ready-to-install image It also contains tips on “getting into” your phone during early stages, as it gradually turns into a glibc-driven Linux box
You’ll encounter challenges along the way, as every phone has numerous differences, but our #sailfishos-porters IRC community on Freenode will be there to help. The following porter’s traits are desired:
- Linux Kernel and OS knowledge and development
- Fluency in Git, Github code-review process
- Android™ Platform SDK
- Observed IRC guidelines
- That immense desire to have Linux in your pocket!
Follow the HADK porting guide thoroughly to bring Sailfish OS to a device you love.
Got stuck? Join our jolly community of porters, gathering on IRC #sailfishos-porters channel on Freenode.