Hardware Adaptation Development Kit
Fill your phone with Sailfish OS
GNU/Linux based Sailfish OS natively running on an Android™ phone you like? Yes, it can be achieved when following our HADK porting guide! The document takes you through:
- The hardware and software requirements
– Sets up the Mer Platform SDK and the sup-porting development environment
– Instructs on how to craft your phone’s hardware adaptation
– And finally builds the Sailfish OS ready-to-install image It also contains tips on “getting into” your phone during early stages, as it gradually turns into a glibc-driven Linux box
You’ll encounter challenges along the way, as every phone has numerous differences, but our #sailfishos-porters IRC community on Freenode will be there to help. The following porter’s traits are desired:
- Linux Kernel and OS knowledge and development
– Fluency in Git, Github code-review process
– Android™ Platform SDK
– Observed IRC guidelines
– That immense desire to have Linux in your pocket!
Download the latest PDF of the HADK porting guide: 2.0.1 (23 Sep 2017)
Follow the HADK porting guide thoroughly to bring Sailfish OS to a device you love.
Got stuck? Join our jolly community of porters, gathering on IRC #sailfishos-porters channel on Freenode.
You can then share the generated installable image with the rest of the world via the central hub.