- 1 Sailfish OS SDK
- 1.1 Latest SDK Release
- 1.2 Release Notes
- 1.3 File information
- 1.4 Early Access SDK
- 1.5 Guides
- 1.6 Supported Environments
- 1.7 Contact us
Sailfish OS SDK
Latest SDK Release
The latest Sailfish OS SDK release can be downloaded for Linux, OS X and Windows platforms from below.
Sailfish OS SDK 1.23
|Linux 32||Linux 64|
After downloading the SDK for your platform, please follow through with the installation instructions.
SDK version 1.23 (Sailfish OS 3.0.0)
Today (Nov 19th) at 14:00 UTC we published new installers and repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK. This SDK release is called 1.23 and among other changes it enables development for Sailfish OS Release 3.0.0.
With this release we are switching from the YYMM versioning scheme to the X.Y[.Z] versioning. We are starting with the version 1.23 as this is the 23th regular release since the version 1312 which was retroactively designated as 1.0.
The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK#Latest_SDK_Release. If you have an older beta release of the SDK, you should see an update notification in the Sailfish OS IDE.
The Emulator and the latest Build Targets match Sailfish OS Release 184.108.40.206 (Lemmenjoki). Build Targets for several older Sailfish OS releases remain available. Please see below for detailed information of the changes.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the Build Engine, Emulator and Targets are reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom Targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- For more information, please see the Application SDK known issues list.
SDK Installer/Maintenance Tool
- Added possibility to install Build Targets
- Build Targets installed this way can be further configured through the SDK Control Centre as before
- Fixed installation under non-default installation path
SDK IDE (Qt Creator, Qt QmlLive)
- Refreshed API documentation available in the Help mode (Ctrl+7) in Qt Creator to Sailfish OS release 220.127.116.11 level
- Fixed issue with adding Qt creator to favorites on Ubuntu 18.04
- Fixed unwanted loading of Android plugin
- Added Qt Linguist component, available by right clicking a translation file (.ts) in an open project in Qt Creator and choosing Open With > Qt Linguist
- If you are upgrading from a previous SDK release, you need to add the component manually
SDK Build engine
- Preinstalled Build Targets refreshed to Sailfish OS release 18.104.22.168 level
- Extended sdk-assistant and sdk-manage with support for Tooling and Target images in the .tar.7z format used by installer
- mb2: Added --no-deps option to prevent updating dependencies
- Emulator packages refreshed to Sailfish OS release 22.214.171.124 level
- Fixed display issues with e.g. application thumbnails when the scaled-down mode is used
If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this mailing list: devel at lists.sailfishos.org, write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk' or send an e-mail to developer-care at jolla.com.
Jolla SDK Team
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1.23-Qt5-linux-32-offline.run||1.1G (1177066275 bytes)||5c7d71c61617e2303b61727d8d4445f7|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1.23-Qt5-linux-64-offline.run||1.1G (1172404358 bytes)||6e9181fda7d1d9873e7f4ca3024afeff|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1.23-Qt5-mac-offline.dmg||1.1G (1152795030 bytes)||2b7457470da09a704b407a185b66e660|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1.23-Qt5-windows-offline.exe||1.1G (1130102363 bytes)||5c3f27fa2653169143d57daaa4ee4a4d|
Early Access SDK
You can get the SDK updates approximately a week earlier, if you start using the Early Access repository. This can be useful for e.g. testing your apps before the official public Sailfish OS release. Check out for more information from the Early Access SDK page.
- Application SDK Installation
- Application SDK Uninstallation
- Application SDK Guides
- Application SDK Known Issues
- Application SDK FAQ
Our SDK has been verified on the following systems:
- Ubuntu 16.04 32/64 bit
- Windows 10 32/64 bit
- OS X 10.12.6
- It should work on other Linux flavours as well, but at this stage, its functionality on other host environments has not been fully verified.
- A host machine running a Linux/Windows/OS X operating system.
- Oracle’s VirtualBox version 4.1.18 or higher pre-installed on the host machine. You should use the VirtualBox that is compatible with your distribution.
- About 5GB of free disk space.
- 4GB of RAM or more is recommended.
If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to our developer mailing list: email@example.com or write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with ‘sdk’. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.