- 1 Sailfish OS SDK
- 1.1 Latest SDK Release
- 1.2 Release Notes
- 1.3 File information
- 1.4 Early Access SDK
- 1.5 Guides
- 1.6 Supported Environments
- 1.7 Contact us
Sailfish OS SDK
Latest SDK Release
The latest Sailfish OS SDK release can be downloaded for Linux, OS X and Windows platforms from below.
Sailfish OS SDK 1804
|Linux 32||Linux 64|
After downloading the SDK for your platform, please follow through with the installation instructions.
SDK version 1804 (2.2.0)
Today (Jun 6th) at 15:00 UTC we have published new installers and repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK. This SDK release is called 1804 and it matches Jolla Release 2.2.0.
The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK#Latest_SDK_Release. If you have an older beta release of the SDK, you should see an update notification in the Sailfish OS IDE.
SDK content matches Jolla Release 188.8.131.52 (Mouhijoki). Please see below for detailed information of the changes.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- For more information, please see the Application SDK known issues list.
SDK Installer/Maintenance Tool
- Removed the need to run with LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0 on some Ubuntu systems
- On Linux and macOS the SDK Maintenance Tool now uses HTTPS to access the online repository by default. On Windows plain HTTP is still the only option.
SDK IDE (Qt Creator, Qt QmlLive)
- Refreshed API documentation available in the Help mode (Ctrl+7) in Qt Creator to Jolla release 184.108.40.206 level
- QmlLive Bench now limits the number of file-change watches. Higher limit can be set with a command line option.
- QmlLive Bench now connects automatically also when application startup is interrupted by debugger
- Added controls that allow to change SSH and HTTP ports used by SDK Build Engine (Options > Sailfish OS) and SSH port used by Emulator (Options > Devices)
SDK Build engine
- Build targets refreshed to Jolla release 220.127.116.11 level
- RPM binaries are not tainted with unsatisfied dependency on rpmlib(ShortCircuited) anymore
- Fixed deployment to a device on local network when used with restricted access to the Internet
- Control Centre now uses HTTPS by default for downloading SDK Targets and Toolings on all platforms
- Emulator packages refreshed to Jolla release 18.104.22.168 level
- Fixed lengthy shutdowns
If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this mailing list: devel at lists.sailfishos.org, write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk' or send an e-mail to developer-care at jolla.com.
Jolla SDK Team
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1804-Qt5-linux-32-offline.run||934M (978658467 bytes)||9e818b9798da62d52eef79522e42da04|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1804-Qt5-linux-64-offline.run||929M (974061733 bytes)||4e38a8392cedb6cc1077e749464349a1|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1804-Qt5-mac-offline.dmg||911M (954897571 bytes)||70de000de2582365b49d046c6aa21613|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1804-Qt5-windows-offline.exe||889M (931685681 bytes)||5d059011a86b1a073545a47dbcd90979|
Early Access SDK
You can get the SDK updates approximately a week earlier, if you start using the Early Access repository. This can be useful for e.g. testing your apps before the official public Sailfish OS release. Check out for more information from the Early Access SDK page.
- Application SDK Installation
- Application SDK Uninstallation
- Application SDK Guides
- Application SDK Known Issues
- Application SDK FAQ
Our SDK has been verified on the following systems:
- Ubuntu 16.04 32/64 bit
- Windows 10 32/64 bit
- OS X 10.12.6
- It should work on other Linux flavours as well, but at this stage, its functionality on other host environments has not been fully verified.
- A host machine running a Linux/Windows/OS X operating system.
- Oracle’s VirtualBox version 4.1.18 or higher pre-installed on the host machine. You should use the VirtualBox that is compatible with your distribution.
- About 5GB of free disk space.
- 4GB of RAM or more is recommended.
If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to our developer mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org or write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with ‘sdk’. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.