Application SDK Early Access
- 1 Early Access SDK
- 1.1 Latest Early Access SDK Release
- 1.2 Receiving Early Access SDK Updates Automatically
Early Access SDK
Sailfish OS SDK Early Access releases will go in sync with the early access releases of the Sailfish OS. Generally these releases will be available about a week earlier than the official public release. This allows developers to test and refine their apps before the public release.
Please, remember, that during the early access time the Early Access SDK should not be used for submitting apps to the Jolla Harbour. For that purpose, the latest public SDK can be found from the Application SDK page. There's also other SDK related information available on the same page.
Latest Early Access SDK Release
The latest Sailfish OS SDK Early Access release can be downloaded for Linux, OS X and Windows platforms from below.
Sailfish OS SDK 1801
|Linux 32||Linux 64|
After downloading the Early Access SDK for your platform, please follow through with the installation instructions.
SDK version 1801 (2.1.4)
Today (Feb 27th) at 15:00 UTC we have published new installers and repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK. This SDK release is called 1801 and it matches Jolla Release 2.1.4. This SDK release was made available to all SDK users on 12th of March.
Please, read the following notes about the Early Access SDK:
- By using the Early Access SDK developers can test their Sailfish OS apps a week before the Sailfish OS release is made public
- During the early access time the Early Access SDK should not be used for submitting apps to the Jolla Harbour
- The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK_Early_Access#Latest_Early_Access_SDK_Release
- Instructions for adding the early access repository into the SDK can be found from http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK_Early_Access#Receiving_Early_Access_SDK_Updates_Automatically
The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK#Latest_SDK_Release. If you have an older beta release of the SDK, you should see an update notification in the Sailfish OS IDE.
SDK content matches Jolla Release 184.108.40.206 (Lapuanjoki). Please see below for detailed information of the changes.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- For more information, please see the Application SDK known issues list.
SDK IDE (Qt Creator, Qt QmlLive)
- Refreshed API documentation available in the Help mode (Ctrl+7) in Qt Creator to Jolla release 220.127.116.11 level
- Updated Qt Creator to version 4.4
- Updated GDB to match the version used in the Sailfish OS 2.1.4
- Made the truncated text mode more readable in the kit selector
- Fixed compatibility with Virtualbox 4
SDK Build engine
- Build targets refreshed to Jolla release 18.104.22.168 level
- Emulator packages refreshed to Jolla release 22.214.171.124 level
- Fixed issues with audio: https://together.jolla.com/question/167894/devel-qml-audio-issues-on-sailfish-os-emulator/?answer=173940#post-id-173940
If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this mailing list: devel at lists.sailfishos.org, write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk' or send an e-mail to developer-care at jolla.com.
Jolla SDK Team
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1801-Qt5-linux-32-offline.run||931M (976177337 bytes)||bbc69c12e6972c4ef24555aca71f7bb0|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1801-Qt5-linux-64-offline.run||930M (974881390 bytes)||0ac9af56d626f5dbd8dad363a002ec2d|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1801-Qt5-mac-offline.dmg||913M (956942437 bytes)||96e244b2d540c5e1378ed2a80121434f|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1801-Qt5-windows-offline.exe||891M (934018326 bytes)||c1e1680872076972aba0c0355114b5a1|
Receiving Early Access SDK Updates Automatically
If you want to receive the SDK updates automatically in sync with the Sailfish OS Early Access updates, add the early access repository into your SDK:
1. Open the SDKMaintenanceTool
2. Choose Update components
3. Click Settings
4. Go to the Repositories page and choose User defined repositories
5. Add these two repository URLs to the repository list
http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/repository-ea/common http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/repository-ea/[your platform] # [your platform] is the same as in the Default repositories ("linux-64", "linux-32", "mac" or "windows").
6. Click OK and check for updates