Application SDK Early Access
- 1 Early Access SDK
- 1.1 Latest Early Access SDK Release
- 1.2 Receiving Early Access SDK Updates Automatically
Early Access SDK
Sailfish OS SDK Early Access releases will go in sync with the early access releases of the Sailfish OS. Generally these releases will be available about a week earlier than the official public release. This allows developers to test and refine their apps before the public release.
Please, remember, that during the early access time the Early Access SDK should not be used for submitting apps to the Jolla Harbour. For that purpose, the latest public SDK can be found from the Application SDK page. There's also other SDK related information available on the same page.
Latest Early Access SDK Release
The latest Sailfish OS SDK Early Access release can be downloaded for Linux, OS X and Windows platforms from below.
Sailfish OS SDK 1807
|Linux 32||Linux 64|
After downloading the Early Access SDK for your platform, please follow through with the installation instructions.
SDK version 1807 (2.2.1)
Today (Sep 20th) at 15:00 UTC we have published new installers and repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK. This SDK release is called 1807 and it matches Jolla Release 2.2.1.
The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK#Latest_SDK_Release. If you have an older beta release of the SDK, you should see an update notification in the Sailfish OS IDE.
SDK content matches Jolla Release 18.104.22.168 (Nurmonjoki). Please see below for detailed information of the changes.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- For more information, please see the Application SDK known issues list.
SDK Installer/Maintenance Tool
- Increased the amount of shown installable components and made more of them user selectable
SDK IDE (Qt Creator, Qt QmlLive)
- Refreshed API documentation available in the Help mode (Ctrl+7) in Qt Creator to Jolla release 22.214.171.124 level
- Updated to Qt Creator 4.6.2
- Made handling of the virtual machine connection timeouts more user friendly
- Fixed setting GDB solib-search-path with a relative destination directory (https://together.jolla.com/question/161896/breakpoint-issue-in-the-sailfish-os-sdk/)
SDK Build engine
- Build targets refreshed to Jolla release 126.96.36.199 level
- Allow to specify output directory for RPM files in the mb2 tool
- Emulator packages refreshed to Jolla release 188.8.131.52 level
If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this mailing list: devel at lists.sailfishos.org, write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk' or send an e-mail to developer-care at jolla.com.
Jolla SDK Team
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1807-Qt5-linux-32-offline.run||944M (989029565 bytes)||c261635ba7bcd463e79f75d8701e3c08|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1807-Qt5-linux-64-offline.run||939M (984359529 bytes)||d3716252c76e2fc2daae0dbe1d425b52|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1807-Qt5-mac-offline.dmg||921M (965686778 bytes)||356eaf2844716fad93acfee8903b3eb1|
|SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1807-Qt5-windows-offline.exe||899M (942221745 bytes)||75aa754d93071207fec3e4c804ba427d|
Receiving Early Access SDK Updates Automatically
If you want to receive the SDK updates automatically in sync with the Sailfish OS Early Access updates, add the early access repository into your SDK:
1. Open the SDKMaintenanceTool
2. Choose Update components
3. Click Settings
4. Go to the Repositories page and choose User defined repositories
5. Add these two repository URLs to the repository list
http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/repository-ea/common http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/repository-ea/[your platform] # [your platform] is the same as in the Default repositories ("linux-64", "linux-32", "mac" or "windows").
6. Click OK and check for updates